Translate

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Me want Job

Times are tough and I’m looking for work.
 I am very fantastic in all the ways an employer would wish for, but competition is steep. As wonderful as I am, there are 100 hundred other people applying for the same job. At least 4 of those 100 people have to be more wonderful than me. That’s not the worst part, the worst part is the interview. 

 Lets face it, people just want a job they can stand doing, for a reasonable sum of money.
No one wakes up and goes “Boy oh boy, I can’t wait to get yelled at by strangers on the phone all day!” Or “Sit in a chair in a big grey room, typing numbers mindlessly into an excel sheet.” That is unless you work at the candy, puppies and big comfy couch department of Kick ass awesome peoples incorporated. So an interview is pretty much, me telling lies and the potential employer grading me on how well I lie.
 You have to act genuinely enthused to be a part of whatever it is the company does. 
  In reality when considering jobs, I consider salary, locale, environment and is there potential for growth? Of course I consider the industry, no one wants to work for a place that conflicts with their morals.  Like I wouldn’t work at a baby kicking factory or anything like that. But times being what they are, ……well ya know how it is?
 My issue is, in truth, I’m just a laid back artistic type. In my heart I don’t want a stuffy office job. Growing up, I thought office jobs were the only option for adults. Seattle is quite a different city however.  If I ever thought I could have made a living making coffee, or selling books or being an artist. I never would have submerged so deeply into the  drone role.
  I can only hope in my effort to break out of that role. Some eccentric shop owner or quirky business manager will hire me to file their LOL cat pictures or organize their monkey teeth collection, or whatever eccentric business people do. But if a drone job pops up before then. I’ll have to suck it up and be all adult about it. Times being what they are, I’ll have to take what I can get.
I'll end of writing smut for money, I just know it. 

   I realize I will have to job search for a long time. Researching every place I apply to, convincing myself I'm thrilled to do whatever it is they ask me to do. This is something everyone has to do at some point in their lives, some more than others. Either way, I'm convinced that by the end of this job seeking adventure.  I will be thoroughly aggressive crazy, rampage nuts competitive for even the crappiest job.
                                                    ME WANT 401K!
 

No comments: